Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
, Chalakudy-Kanchipuram Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sriperumbudur Byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
Kallada Travels takes you to the Ambur is a historical town and Taluk head quarters for Ambur Taluk in Vellore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is famous for its modern leather and shoe manufacturing industries. Ambur is also famous for "Biryani," a tasty rice dish; varieties of chicken dishes, etc. Desserts like Mutanjan, Gulab Jamun, Gajar Ka Halva after the feast have become popular since the reign of Nawaabs of Arcot (Aaru Kaadu which means river and forest in Tamil). People of Ambur are very traditional.
The Nageswaran Temple in Ambur is one of the famous temple which is believed to be one of the very oldest temple.In Tamil Nadu there are many Murugan temples located in the hills like Palani, Thiruthani, etc. The Murugan temple in Kailashagiri hill located near Ambur is one among them.The Jamia Masjid is the big Maczet in Ambur town. December 2009 celebrates the 258th Urus of the Great Saint Hazrat Ghaddam Shah Auliya outside the mosque complex.Ths Jamia Masjid, Small Masjid, Santhapet Masjid, Chowk Masjid, Khaderpet Masjid, NoorullahPet Masjid, Mohammed Pura Masjid, Mohideen Pura Masjid, Pudumanai Masjid, Neilfield Masjid and Kangartakiya Masjid are oldest Masjids in Ambur. The Ambur places can be visited through Kallada Travels and it contains these places.
Ambur Kallada Travels is well connected by road, on the Chennai- Bangalore National Expressway, and by bus on the Chennai-Jolarpettai line with a number of express/superfast trains to Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Mysore, Erode, etc.Ambur is a historical town, a municipality in Vellore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is famous for its Modern Leather and Leather Shoe manufacturing industries. Factories in Ambur manufacture shoes for world's leading footwear brand names like Florshiem, Lumberjack, Gabor, Clarks, Fretz Men, Coll Hann, Hi-Line, Hugo Boss, Marc, and many more. Hence, it is also known as a "Leather City." Some of the Indian big names that have setup manufacturing units here are Farida Shoes, SSC, NMZ, TAW, KAR,ESAAR, Florind, Floram, Bonaventure etc. These companies provide a major chunk of employement to the local people. Traders of supplying Shoe Material, Components and Chemicals to these companies have a huge business opportunities over here.
Ambur Kallada Travels Municipality is situated in Vellore District under the control of Regional Director of Municipal Administration, Vellore. Ambur Municipality was upgraded from Town Panchayat to III Grade Municipality on 11.4.1948. Later Ambur Municipality was upgraded as II Grade Municipality, as per G.O.No.458 of R.D. & L.A. Department, dated 1.4.1973. Then after, Ambur Municipality was upgraded as I Grade Municipality, as per G.O. No. 85 of R.D.& L.A. Department, dated 22.5.1998 and the Municipality is functioning in the same grade till date.
Book online bus tickets to Ambur by Kallada Travels
About Kallada Travels: