Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
Book online bus tickets to Velankanni By Kallada Travels
Velankanni Kallada Travels , also known as Vailankanni or "Velanganni", is a panchayat town in Nagapattinam district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a small town located on the shores of the Bay of Bengal 350 km south of Chennai (Madras) and 12 km south of Nagapattinam on the Coromandel Coast, in Tamil Nadu, India.
Once a port that traded with Rome and Greece, the tiny commercial center gradually lost its importance to the larger Nagapattinam. The canal built to link that city with Vedaranyam still lies to the west of Vailankanni. The Vellayar, a minor branch of the Cauvery River, runs on the south of the village and flows into the sea.
The site of an important Roman Catholic shrine dedicated to Our lady of Good Health, Vailankanni was one of the worst hit areas in the tsunami that followed the December 26, 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
Tourist Attractions in Velankanni.
Make your Tour to Velankanni memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Velankanni –
In Velankanni, the shrine here is dedicated to Our Lady of Health, the Madonna of Velankanni, and is well-known as Sacred Arogya Matha Church. Fully consecrated to Virgin Mary and the Heavenly Mother, this church has an extended Basilica. There is also a shrine of Our Lady of Sorrow, where the sorrowing Mother is portrayed carrying Infant Jesus in her arms.
In Velankanni, Situated opposite the Basilica, this museum has diverse exhibits, with biblical incidents depicted on both sidewalls. Also, the precious offerings made by the devotees are displayed as well.
Places around Velankanni
Explore the land of Velankanni, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Velankanni –
In Velankanni,One of the popular harbors of India, Nagapattinam on the Coromandel Coast is home to the Shri Kayahorana Swami Neelayathatchi Amman Temple, Sowriraja Perumal Temple, and Nellukkadai Mariamman Temple. Other places worth a visit here are the mini museum, the lofty lighthouse and the sprawling golden beach.
4) Sri Rangam Temple
In Velankanni, The first Vaishnava temple in South India, this temple, located in Trichy, is the premier amongst the 108 Vaishnava divyadesas.
Fairs & Festivals
5) Arokkaiyamatha festival
In Velankanni,Commencing on 29th of August, this 10-day grand festival commemorating the Feast of Our Lady is celebrated at the Velankanni Church. Pilgrims from different parts of India and even abroad throng to the site, bathe religiously in the sea, and tonsuring their heads walk on their knees or roll up to the shrine as rituals.
Thus by visiting the Velankanni, the above places can be seen thorugh Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Velankanni
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Velankanni
About Kallada Travels: