Book online bus tickets to Cherthala By Kallada Travels
Cherthala Kallada Travels (formerly known as Shertallai or Shertallay) is a Taluk and a municipality in Alappuzha (Alleppey) district in the state of Kerala, India. It is 42 km from Cochin and 22 km from Alleppey on the Cochin-to-Alleppey section of National Highway 47 Road Route and Railway Route.
Places of importance in Cherthala
1) Aroor is situated on the National Highway 47 between Cherthala and Kochi. Aroor is identified as industrial park for seafood exports. It is also one of the fish landing centres. There are few workshops specialised in automobile body building,mechanised boat building in Aroor. Aroor Industrial Estate and Chemical industrial estate is situated at northern side of Aroor, It was inaugurated by Former Revenue Minister Smt. K R Gowri Amma.The studio complex of the Manorama_News channel is also located in Aroor.Saint Augustine Church ,one of the oldest Latin Catholic churches is located near the busy NH47 Bypass-Edacochin junction and famous Pavumabai Temple is there. The Saint Augustine Higher School situated nearby.Aroor being well connected by NH-47 and railine to the Kochi City,is fast becoming one of the subsurb destination of Kochi city.
2) It is an important pilgrim centre of Latin Catholic Christians and is famous for well known St. Sebastian and the original name of the Church is St. Andrues church, popularly known as 'Arthunkal Church' situated 8 km south-west of Cherthala town facing the sea coast. Historians interpret the name Arthunkal differently. One version is that the thatched chapel built initially was at Arthikulangara and later the name was modified as Arithikulangal, Arithinkal and Arthunkal. Another version is that the "Siva" temple of the Puliyamkottu family used to conduct the 'Arattu Ulsav every year. The distance from the temple to the sea where Arattu was conducted came to be known as Arattunkal and later became Arthunkal. The temple doesn't exist anymore. Hindu pilgrims from Sabarimala used to visit Arthunkal and take bath in a tank in the Church premises to formally conclude their penance. The tank is not in existence now.
3) In Cherthala Kallada Travels, Andhakaranazhy is a coastal village located 4-km west of Pattanakkad.Its an marvellous beach location attracting the tourists and domestic visitors. An azhy is a sand sedimentation formed by the action of seawater, and it can be seen at particular weather conditions and the nature of the sea. An azhy is the place where the backwaters merge into the sea. A majestic light house stands like a signal tower guiding the seamen during night. This lighthouse is open to public during the Onam season. This place is also a popular shooting locations for Malayalam film songs. One can reach Andhakaranazhy via the Thanky-Andhakaranazhy-Pallithode beach road or divert towards west at Padmakshi-Kavilpalli junction on NH 47 near Pattanakkad. This place was one of the seriously affected area in Tsunami disaster which had hit the Kerala Coast on 26-Dec-2006. Smt. K. R. Gowri Amma,the revenue minister in the Kerala State's first elected government is from this village. She was the sitting MLA from Aroor constituency for many years. The Vyathara Trimurthi temple,a very rare and old temple dedicated to tri-gods trimurthi Lord Shiva,Vishnu and Brahma consecrated in a single sreekovil is located in Andhakaranazhy.The Kandakarana temple is also located near the Trimurthi temple.
4) Chennam Pallippuram, commonly known as Pallippuram, is a panchayath, situated in Cherthala taluk and belongs to Thycattussery block panchayath accessable by the Cherthala -Arukutty -Aroor road. The panchayath has an area |25.53 square kilometers,6202 households and a population of 27307 (13365 men and 13942 women) as per census of 2001.Pallipuram is also known for its huge deposits of white silica rich sand.The deposits of sand exists as Sand dunes dotted with cashew nut trees,a commonly visible landscape found on both sides of the Cherthala -Arookutty-Aroor road while travelling through Pallippuram.This sand has large demand in glass making industry.But due to its clandestine consumption many Sand dunes have disappeared from the landscape of Pallippuram.Pallippuram sand is now a restricted resource controlled by the Govt. Geology department.Pallippuram is surrounded with Vembanad Lake on eastern and western sides and Chenganda River on its southern side. The bridge over the river connects this area to the mainland of Cherthala.The IHRD engineering college,N.S.S Arts and Science College and few schools are located in this panchayat area.The crushing unit of Malabar Cements (owned by Government of Kerala) is located in the industrial area.The Cherthala Info Park with associated township and other infrastruture is another upcoming project under construction in Pallipuram panchayat.Thiruayranikkulam Kalathil Mahadeva temple, Kadavil Bhagavathi temple, and St. Mary's Church are also located in Pallipuram panchayat .The St. Thomas Hospital and Public Health Centre is also located in this area.Pallipuram is connected to Cherthala by road at a distance of 5 km. MLA road (parallel to Cherthala -Arukutty-Aroor road) is another major road in the locality.
5) Situated 13 km north of Alappuzha town, Kanichukulangara is famous for the Bhagavathy temple. It is believed that the shrine was consecrated by a Brahmin who happened to recognize Devi who had reached the shore. The souls of the brahmin and the maiden who is said to have fallen in love with Brahmin have been consecrated in small shrines inside the temple.
6) Muhamma is a Grama Panchayath in Cherthala Taluk. It is home to the famous Cheerappanchira kalari, where Ayyappan had his training in the martial arts; the Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader, Mrs. Susheela Gopalan (wife of A. K. Gopalan), was from this family.
7) Panavally is a serene village that is part of Cherthala taluk and Alappuzha district. It is at the north frontier of old Travancore state. Different branches of the backwaters of Vembanad surround the village. The studies on the soil of the place have shown that, like many regions of Kerala, this part of the land also emerged from the sea a few centuries ago. The sand in the southern part of this village is a great source of special silica sand, containing high concentration of pure silica. This is being used in many industries, in particular in brick (white) making. The Cherthala-Arookutty bus route goes through this village and runs parallel to the national highway NH 47. The economy in general is agriculture based, but equally supported by the seafood processing industry. Due to the proximity to the Cochin city, this village supplies workforce to the city as well. Major industries in this include Century Shipyard, Kuncharath coir mills etc. Nalpathaneeswaram Sree Mahadeva Temple, Thrichattukulam Mahadeva Temple, Edappangazhi Sree Krishna Temple, Odampally Devi Temple are the main Hindu religious centres in Panavally. Poochakkal Police Station and Thykkattussery Block Office are situated in this village.
8) Pattanakkad is a panchayath in Cherthala taluk. Andhakaranazhy is a major tourist destination in Pattanakkad.Andhakaranazhy is a beautiful beach and is also what is known in local language as azhi. Azhi is the natural join of the sea with the backwater. There is a lighthouse at this place and a shooting location for Hindi and south Indian films. Pattanakkad Mahadeva temple which is supposed to be one of 108 important Shiva temples of Kerela is located on NH47.Well reputed Pattanakkad Public School currently known as St. Joseph's Public School,Bishop Moore Vidya Pith and the Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary schools are located on NH-47 near Pattankad .The Milma Cattle feed plant is also located 2km north of Pattakad on NH-47.
9) Poochackal is an important small town. It is located jointly in Thycattussery and Panavally panchayaths. It is about 14 km from Cherthala and 25 km from Ernakulam. There are three schools, one VHSC, one Plus Two and one BEd centre in Poochackal. Royal and KC movies are the main cinema theatres. Nagari Sree Dharmasastha Temple, Sreekandeswaram Mahadevar Temple, Elikkattu Sreedharmasastha Temple, Thevarvattom Masjid, Manappuram St. Theresas church are the main worship places. Poochackal market is the local market of the area. Federal Bank, State Bank of Travancore, the Alleppey Dist Co-Operative Bank, Chertala service Co-Opertive Bank, Sub Treasury and the KSFE are the financial Institutions of the area. Thaliyaparambu temple famous for 'kalam kary' is here. Poochakkal police station and Land Registration Office fulfills the needs for the entire Thycattusserry Block.
10) Thiruvizha is situated about 5 km south-west of Cherthala and is famous for Shiva temple. The temple attracts large number of devotees because of the divine prasadam, which is supposed to possess medicinal and curative properties for mental illness.
11) Vayalar Raktha Sakshi Mandapam
Situated about 2.5 km north of Cherthala Kallada Travels Vayalar is a politically important place in the history of modern Kerala. The historic struggle at Vayalar by the communist party against Sir C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, Diwan of Travancore, resulted in the relinquishment of the rule of Diwan. Hundreds of communists fell victim to the tragic police firing in 1946. There is martyrs' platform (Raktha Sakshi Mandapam) erected at this place. You can still find stump of the coconut tree in which a hole was created due to the police firing. Every year leading communist leaders come down here on the memorial day. This place is home to the late poet Vayalar Rama Varma and Union Minister Vayalar Ravi. It is also the birthplace of Mr. S. Raja, a famous industrialist in erode of Tamil Nadu.
Thus the Kallada Travels provide the service to the Cherthala which the above places can be viewed.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Cherthala
, Cherthala-Sulthan Bathery
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Cherthala
Book online bus tickets to Amingada By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Kallada Travels
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Kallada Travels
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Kallada Travels
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Kallada Travels
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Erode
, Erode-Gooty Byepass
, Erode-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Erode-Palakkad Byepass
, Erode-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Erode
, Gooty Byepass-Erode
, Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)-Erode
, Palakkad Byepass-Erode
, Navi Mumbai-Erode
About Kallada Travels: