Book online bus tickets to Amingada By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Kallada Travels
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Kallada Travels
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Kallada Travels
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Kallada Travels
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Erode
, Erode-Gooty Byepass
, Erode-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Erode-Palakkad Byepass
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: