Book online bus tickets to Amingada By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Kallada Travels
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Kallada Travels
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Kallada Travels
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Kallada Travels
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Erode
, Erode-Gooty Byepass
, Erode-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Erode-Palakkad Byepass
Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kollam
, Kotralam Bypass-Kollam
About Kallada Travels: