Book online bus tickets to Amingada By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Kallada Travels
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Kallada Travels
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Kallada Travels
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Kallada Travels
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Kallada Travels takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Erode
, Erode-Gooty Byepass
, Erode-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Erode-Palakkad Byepass
, Erode-Navi Mumbai
Book online bus tickets to Thrissur By Kallada Travels
Thrissur Kallada Travels is about this sound pronunciation formerly known as Trichur, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the headquarters of the Thrissur District. It is known as the 'Cultural Capital of Kerala'. Thrissur city is built around a 65-acre hillock called the Thekkinkadu Maidan which seats the Vadakkumnathan temple. This area is the city's cultural and spiritual centre, offering --- in addition to religious experiences --- an array of festivals and historical and natural sights. Thrissur is the fourth largest city in Kerala , after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode. The nearest international airport is Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery.
According to data compiled by economics research firm Indicus Analytics on residences, earnings and investments, Thrissur Kallada Travels ranked as the seventh best city in India to reside in. Indicus considered six parameters – health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment – for preparing their 'reside-in' index of liveability. Thrissur is the place where Christianity and Islam entered in to India, when Apostle St. Thomas set foot 2,000 years ago and the country’s first mosque opened in the 7th Century.
Thrissur Kallada Travels is known for the Thrissur Pooram festival, the most colourful and spectacular temple festival in Kerala. The festival is held at the Thekkinkadu Maidan in April or May. Thrissur has a large number of well-known temples including the Thiruvambady Srikrishna temple, Vadakkumnathan temple and Paramekkavu temple, as well as two famous churches, the Our Lady of Lourdes Metropolitan Cathedral and the Basilica of Our Lady of Dolours. Thrissur is also the venue of Pulikali during Onam celebrations in August or September. Thrissur is an important business centre in South India as well as a leading shopping centers in Kerala for silks and gold jewelry. Thrissur ranks first in the number of domestic tourists in Kerala also. Apart from being the cultural nerve centre of Kerala, it is also a major academic hub and is home to several educational institutions including the Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA).
Thrissur Kallada Travels is a culturally rich city. Bestowed with breathtaking scenic beauty and warm, generous inhabitants, Thrissur acts as a time warp to the average tourist. It seems one has walked into a settlement that refuses to out grow its quaint, sylvan beauty. The ancient palaces and mansions, the cobbled streets belie the cultural progress made by the people of this beautiful place.
Places Of Interest In Thrissur City through Kallada Travels
1) In Thrissur, the Shakthan Thampuran Palace, also known as Vadakkekara Palace was constructed by the great ruler of Cochin, Shakthan Thampuran and rebuilt in 1795 by Sri. Ramavarma Thampuran. The style of architecture bears considerable Dutch influences.
2) In Thrissur, the Church of Our Lady of Dolors, Thrissur is also known as the New Church and is the biggest church in South Asia.
3) In Thrissur, the Archeological & Art Museum at Thrissur is a depository of graceful stone sculptures, antique jewelry and intricately carved wooden handicrafts.
4) Thrissur Zoo houses a number of wildlife animals and attracts locals and tourists alike.
5) In Thrissur, Kerala Sahitya Academy in collaboration with the Kendriya Sahitya Academy in New Delhi aims at encouraging Malayalam language and promoting its literature especially to the younger generations..
6) In Thrissur, Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy (1962) was established in an attempt to promote the performing and fine arts of the state which had fallen into a decline.
7) In Thrissur, Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy in Thrissur was established to promote dance, theater and music in Kerala. Thanks to its efforts Thrissur can now boast of a theatre with all modern amenities.
8) Vilangan Kunnu in Thrissur is a recreational center and a picnic spot where various amusement devices for children have been constructed.
The main attraction of the city of Thrissur is its culture. Tourists flock from all over the globe to participate in its festivals. Thrissur Pooram is an eight day long event and a spectacular elephant procession is the highlight of this festival. The elephants are decked in golden caparisons and make their way through the city thoroughfare amidst drumbeats, festivities and cheer. Devotees from the Thiruvambadi and the Paramekkavu temples follow these grand creatures and the deities idols are mounted on them. A brilliant firework display brings these festivals to a breathtaking end. Visitors may thus be advised to visit Thrissur in April- May when the Pooram festival is held or in the winter months when the weather is pleasant.
The above places can be visited through Kallada Travels which makes the journey a happy journey.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Thrissur
, Thrissur-Gooty Byepass
, Thrissur-Sulthan Bathery
, Thrissur-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Thrissur
, Gooty Byepass-Thrissur
, Sulthan Bathery-Thrissur
, Navi Mumbai-Thrissur
About Kallada Travels: