Book online bus tickets to Haripad By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Haripad.
Haripad Kallada Travels , is a town in Alappuzha District, Kerala, India, located between Alappuzha and Kollam on National Highway 47. There are eighteen Hindu temples there and more than 30 more in the surrounding countryside. The most famous temples are Subrahmanya Swami Temple and the Mannarashala Nagaraja Temple. Haripad is close to the Arabian Sea, and connects via the National Highway with Mavelikkara and Thrikkunnappuzha.
Haripad Kallada Travels is known as the 'Town of Temples'. It is the land of "Mayura Sandesa", the land of snake boats and the land of dance and drama. In the opinion of the Dutch Governor Gollanez the sea coast between Quilon and Purakkad which the Dutch called 'Martha" and which region was known as Karthikappally (of which Haripad was a part) consisted of two regions or nation states, Karnoppally (the present Karunagapally) and Karimpali.
Karimpali was the area between Kayamkulam and Purakkad (Haripad was in it) Karimpali was also known as Vettimana. The capital of Vettimana Kaimal was Karimpalil palace (near Haripad Railway Station), the capital was late shifted to Karthikappally. In 1742 Marthanda Varma defeated Karthikappally region and added it to Travancore State. During kingship Haripad was a Town.The town hall remains as its proof. In 1921 Haripad got Municipal town status. In 1941 it became non- municipal town. In 1954 it was changed into a Panchayat.
Haripad village which belongs to Alappuzha district is the administrative centre of Karthikappally Taluk. Major institutions like Taluk office, Munsif court, Magistrate court, Treasury, Police station, Post office, Sub-registrar office etc being situated in a single compound from the very beginning is an evidence of Haripad’s well-planned organizational structure. This is an achievement which many district capitals still strive to achieve.
Kizhakkekkara village with the union of Pilappuzha south, Pilappuzha Naduvath and the eastern region of Danappadi constitutes the Haripad Panchayath.
It is believed that in the path of its evolution, Haripad had the names – Harigeethapuram and Aripad. That there are references to Haripad as “Aripad” in Kerala Varma Valiya Koil Tampurans’s “Mayoorasandesham” and that Sree Karthikeya is addressed as “Harigeethaputhalayadeepa” by Sri. Swathi Thirunal are evidences to the importance and antiquity of Haripad.
This region was the chief granary during the period of Royal administration. The vast paddy fields of Kuttanad were Haripad’s major attraction. It is said that even the Travancore Royalty sought provisions for rice from Haripad. As it contributed the majority of rice demanded by the territories, the region was named ‘Aripad’. But it cannot be neglected that ‘Haripad’ owes its real origin to Harigeethapuram. Though “Hari” is not synonymous to Lord Subrahmanya, theology supports that there is nothing wrong in addressing Lord Vishnu as Subrahmanya. These disparities in theology accounts for the conduction of three festivals in a single year, in Haripad Temple. It is one among the two temples in Kerala which conducts such a curious ritual. Mannarasala Nagaraja Temple, one of the most famous Naga temples in India too may have contributed to the evolution of the term Haripad.
Haripad is one of the sacred places and also ancient place in which Kallada Travels takes you in the way and also makes the journey very comfortable and happy one.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Haripad
, Haripad-Sulthan Bathery
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: