Kallada Travels takes to the Hyderabad pronounced is the capital of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It also goes by sobriquet "City of Pearls". It is largest city in Andhra Pradesh & sixth largest in India with a population of 6.38 million. Hyderabad was founded by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah in 1591 on the banks of Musi. Today the city covers an area of approximately 621.28 km². The city has been classified as an A-1 city in terms of development priorities, due to its size, population and impact.
The twin cities, Hyderabad and Secunderabad comes under the ambit of a single municipal unit, The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. Hyderabad has developed into one of the major hubs for the information technology industry in India which has earned it additional sobriquet "Cyberabad" ". In addition to IT industry, various biotechnology and pharmaceutics companies have set up their operations in Hyderabad. You can visit the city through famous travels called Kallada Travels.
The Hyderabad Kallada Travels city is home to Telugu Film Industry, the second-largest in India, known popularly as Tollywood.Residents of Hyderabad are generally called Hyderabadis. Located at the crossroads of North & South India, Hyderabad has developed a unique culture, refelcted in its language & architecture.
Situated on the Deccan Plateau, Hyderabad has an average elevation of about 536 metres above sea level (1,607 ft).Most of the area has a rocky terrain and some areas are hilly. Crops are commonly grown in the surrounding paddy fields.
The original city of Hyderabad Kallada Travels was founded on the banks of river Musi. Now known as the historic Old City, home to the Charminar and Mecca Masjid, it lies on the southern bank of the river. The heart of the city saw a shift to the north of the river, with the construction of many government buildings and landmarks there, especially south of the Hussein Sagar lake. The rapid growth of the city, along with the merging of Hyderabad, 12 municipal circles and the Cantonment has resulted in a large, united and populous area. Still so many villages near by are getting a facelift to merge in the twin cities in the near future.
Hyderabad has a tropical wet and dry climate that borders on a semi-arid climate, with hot summers from late February to early June, the monsoon season from late June to early October and a pleasant winter from late October to early February. In the evenings and mornings, the climate is generally cooler because of the city's good elevation. Hyderabad gets about 32 inches (about 810 mm) of rain every year, almost all of it concentrated in the monsoon months. The highest maximum (day)temperature ever recorded was 45.5 o C (113.9 °F) on 2 June 1966, while the lowest minimum (night) recorded temperature was 6.1o C (43 °F) on 8 January 1946. So, you can book the ticket tjhrough Kallada Travels .Hyderabad is the financial, economic and political capital of the state of Andhra Pradesh. The city is the largest contributor to the state's gross domestic product, state tax and excise revenues. Hyderabad ranks 93rd (as of 2008) in the List of richest cities in the world by GDP (PPP) with US$60 bn and sixth in India. In terms of GDP per capita (PPP), Hyderabad ranks 4th in India with US$6,428. The workforce participation is about 29.55%. Starting in the 1990s, the economic pattern of the city has changed from being a primarily service city to being one with a more diversified spectrum, including trade, transport, commerce, storage, communication etc. Service industry is the major contributor, with urban workforce constituting 90% of the total workforce.Hyderabad was ranked the 2nd best Indian city for doing business in 2009.Hyderabad is known as the city of pearls, lakes and, lately, for its IT companies. The bangles market known as Laad Bazaar is situated near Charminar. Products such as silverware, saris, Nirmal and Kalamkari paintings and artifacts, unique Bidri handcrafted items, lacquer bangles studded with stones,silk ware, cotton ware and handloom-based clothing materials are made and traded through the city for centuries.Hyderabad is a major centre for pharmaceuticals with companies such as Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Matrix Laboratories, Hetero Drugs Limited, Divis Labs, Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Lee Pharma and Vimta Labs being housed in the city. Initiatives such as Genome Valley, Fab City and the Nano Technology park are expected to create extensive infrastructure in bio-technology. This places can be viewed through Kallada Travels
Hyderabad's language which is a mix of Urdu, Hindi, telugu and marathi, which creates Hyderabadi. There is a set of movies that are made using this language which started with Ankur, then Hyderabad Blues, The Angrez, Hyderabad Nawaabs, Hyderabadi Bakra Hungama in Dubai, Half Fry, FM - Fun Aur Masti, Aadab Hyderabad, Salam Hyderabad,Kal Ka Nawab, Thriller the movie,gullu dada return. (need complete list here)The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation runs a fleet of 19,000 buses, the largest in the world. Hyderabad has the third largest bus station facility in Asia, with 72 platforms for 89 buses to load passengers at a time. Officially named as the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, it is locally known as the Imlibun Bus Station, Jubilee Bus Station at Secunderabad runs buses to various parts of the state and to some parts of South India also avail the transportation through Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Hyderabad by Kallada Travels.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Hyderabad
, Hyderabad-Palakkad Byepass
, Hyderabad-Chickballapur byepass
, Hyderabad-Sulthan Bathery
, Hyderabad-Kodai Road
Book online bus tickets to Cherthala By Kallada Travels
Cherthala Kallada Travels (formerly known as Shertallai or Shertallay) is a Taluk and a municipality in Alappuzha (Alleppey) district in the state of Kerala, India. It is 42 km from Cochin and 22 km from Alleppey on the Cochin-to-Alleppey section of National Highway 47 Road Route and Railway Route.
Places of importance in Cherthala
1) Aroor is situated on the National Highway 47 between Cherthala and Kochi. Aroor is identified as industrial park for seafood exports. It is also one of the fish landing centres. There are few workshops specialised in automobile body building,mechanised boat building in Aroor. Aroor Industrial Estate and Chemical industrial estate is situated at northern side of Aroor, It was inaugurated by Former Revenue Minister Smt. K R Gowri Amma.The studio complex of the Manorama_News channel is also located in Aroor.Saint Augustine Church ,one of the oldest Latin Catholic churches is located near the busy NH47 Bypass-Edacochin junction and famous Pavumabai Temple is there. The Saint Augustine Higher School situated nearby.Aroor being well connected by NH-47 and railine to the Kochi City,is fast becoming one of the subsurb destination of Kochi city.
2) It is an important pilgrim centre of Latin Catholic Christians and is famous for well known St. Sebastian and the original name of the Church is St. Andrues church, popularly known as 'Arthunkal Church' situated 8 km south-west of Cherthala town facing the sea coast. Historians interpret the name Arthunkal differently. One version is that the thatched chapel built initially was at Arthikulangara and later the name was modified as Arithikulangal, Arithinkal and Arthunkal. Another version is that the "Siva" temple of the Puliyamkottu family used to conduct the 'Arattu Ulsav every year. The distance from the temple to the sea where Arattu was conducted came to be known as Arattunkal and later became Arthunkal. The temple doesn't exist anymore. Hindu pilgrims from Sabarimala used to visit Arthunkal and take bath in a tank in the Church premises to formally conclude their penance. The tank is not in existence now.
3) In Cherthala Kallada Travels, Andhakaranazhy is a coastal village located 4-km west of Pattanakkad.Its an marvellous beach location attracting the tourists and domestic visitors. An azhy is a sand sedimentation formed by the action of seawater, and it can be seen at particular weather conditions and the nature of the sea. An azhy is the place where the backwaters merge into the sea. A majestic light house stands like a signal tower guiding the seamen during night. This lighthouse is open to public during the Onam season. This place is also a popular shooting locations for Malayalam film songs. One can reach Andhakaranazhy via the Thanky-Andhakaranazhy-Pallithode beach road or divert towards west at Padmakshi-Kavilpalli junction on NH 47 near Pattanakkad. This place was one of the seriously affected area in Tsunami disaster which had hit the Kerala Coast on 26-Dec-2006. Smt. K. R. Gowri Amma,the revenue minister in the Kerala State's first elected government is from this village. She was the sitting MLA from Aroor constituency for many years. The Vyathara Trimurthi temple,a very rare and old temple dedicated to tri-gods trimurthi Lord Shiva,Vishnu and Brahma consecrated in a single sreekovil is located in Andhakaranazhy.The Kandakarana temple is also located near the Trimurthi temple.
4) Chennam Pallippuram, commonly known as Pallippuram, is a panchayath, situated in Cherthala taluk and belongs to Thycattussery block panchayath accessable by the Cherthala -Arukutty -Aroor road. The panchayath has an area |25.53 square kilometers,6202 households and a population of 27307 (13365 men and 13942 women) as per census of 2001.Pallipuram is also known for its huge deposits of white silica rich sand.The deposits of sand exists as Sand dunes dotted with cashew nut trees,a commonly visible landscape found on both sides of the Cherthala -Arookutty-Aroor road while travelling through Pallippuram.This sand has large demand in glass making industry.But due to its clandestine consumption many Sand dunes have disappeared from the landscape of Pallippuram.Pallippuram sand is now a restricted resource controlled by the Govt. Geology department.Pallippuram is surrounded with Vembanad Lake on eastern and western sides and Chenganda River on its southern side. The bridge over the river connects this area to the mainland of Cherthala.The IHRD engineering college,N.S.S Arts and Science College and few schools are located in this panchayat area.The crushing unit of Malabar Cements (owned by Government of Kerala) is located in the industrial area.The Cherthala Info Park with associated township and other infrastruture is another upcoming project under construction in Pallipuram panchayat.Thiruayranikkulam Kalathil Mahadeva temple, Kadavil Bhagavathi temple, and St. Mary's Church are also located in Pallipuram panchayat .The St. Thomas Hospital and Public Health Centre is also located in this area.Pallipuram is connected to Cherthala by road at a distance of 5 km. MLA road (parallel to Cherthala -Arukutty-Aroor road) is another major road in the locality.
5) Situated 13 km north of Alappuzha town, Kanichukulangara is famous for the Bhagavathy temple. It is believed that the shrine was consecrated by a Brahmin who happened to recognize Devi who had reached the shore. The souls of the brahmin and the maiden who is said to have fallen in love with Brahmin have been consecrated in small shrines inside the temple.
6) Muhamma is a Grama Panchayath in Cherthala Taluk. It is home to the famous Cheerappanchira kalari, where Ayyappan had his training in the martial arts; the Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader, Mrs. Susheela Gopalan (wife of A. K. Gopalan), was from this family.
7) Panavally is a serene village that is part of Cherthala taluk and Alappuzha district. It is at the north frontier of old Travancore state. Different branches of the backwaters of Vembanad surround the village. The studies on the soil of the place have shown that, like many regions of Kerala, this part of the land also emerged from the sea a few centuries ago. The sand in the southern part of this village is a great source of special silica sand, containing high concentration of pure silica. This is being used in many industries, in particular in brick (white) making. The Cherthala-Arookutty bus route goes through this village and runs parallel to the national highway NH 47. The economy in general is agriculture based, but equally supported by the seafood processing industry. Due to the proximity to the Cochin city, this village supplies workforce to the city as well. Major industries in this include Century Shipyard, Kuncharath coir mills etc. Nalpathaneeswaram Sree Mahadeva Temple, Thrichattukulam Mahadeva Temple, Edappangazhi Sree Krishna Temple, Odampally Devi Temple are the main Hindu religious centres in Panavally. Poochakkal Police Station and Thykkattussery Block Office are situated in this village.
8) Pattanakkad is a panchayath in Cherthala taluk. Andhakaranazhy is a major tourist destination in Pattanakkad.Andhakaranazhy is a beautiful beach and is also what is known in local language as azhi. Azhi is the natural join of the sea with the backwater. There is a lighthouse at this place and a shooting location for Hindi and south Indian films. Pattanakkad Mahadeva temple which is supposed to be one of 108 important Shiva temples of Kerela is located on NH47.Well reputed Pattanakkad Public School currently known as St. Joseph's Public School,Bishop Moore Vidya Pith and the Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary schools are located on NH-47 near Pattankad .The Milma Cattle feed plant is also located 2km north of Pattakad on NH-47.
9) Poochackal is an important small town. It is located jointly in Thycattussery and Panavally panchayaths. It is about 14 km from Cherthala and 25 km from Ernakulam. There are three schools, one VHSC, one Plus Two and one BEd centre in Poochackal. Royal and KC movies are the main cinema theatres. Nagari Sree Dharmasastha Temple, Sreekandeswaram Mahadevar Temple, Elikkattu Sreedharmasastha Temple, Thevarvattom Masjid, Manappuram St. Theresas church are the main worship places. Poochackal market is the local market of the area. Federal Bank, State Bank of Travancore, the Alleppey Dist Co-Operative Bank, Chertala service Co-Opertive Bank, Sub Treasury and the KSFE are the financial Institutions of the area. Thaliyaparambu temple famous for 'kalam kary' is here. Poochakkal police station and Land Registration Office fulfills the needs for the entire Thycattusserry Block.
10) Thiruvizha is situated about 5 km south-west of Cherthala and is famous for Shiva temple. The temple attracts large number of devotees because of the divine prasadam, which is supposed to possess medicinal and curative properties for mental illness.
11) Vayalar Raktha Sakshi Mandapam
Situated about 2.5 km north of Cherthala Kallada Travels Vayalar is a politically important place in the history of modern Kerala. The historic struggle at Vayalar by the communist party against Sir C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, Diwan of Travancore, resulted in the relinquishment of the rule of Diwan. Hundreds of communists fell victim to the tragic police firing in 1946. There is martyrs' platform (Raktha Sakshi Mandapam) erected at this place. You can still find stump of the coconut tree in which a hole was created due to the police firing. Every year leading communist leaders come down here on the memorial day. This place is home to the late poet Vayalar Rama Varma and Union Minister Vayalar Ravi. It is also the birthplace of Mr. S. Raja, a famous industrialist in erode of Tamil Nadu.
Thus the Kallada Travels provide the service to the Cherthala which the above places can be viewed.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Cherthala
, Cherthala-Sulthan Bathery
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Cherthala
, Sulthan Bathery-Cherthala
About Kallada Travels: