Kallada Travels takes you to the Kanchipuram, Kanchi, or Kancheepuram is a temple city and a municipality in Kanchipuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a temple town and the headquarters of Kanchipuram district. In ancient times it was called Kachi and Kachiampathi.
Kanchipuram is located on the Palar River, and known for its temples and silk sarees.
There are several big temples(including some of the greatest Vishnu Temples and Shiva Temples of Tamil Nadu) like Varadharaja Perumal Temple for Lord Vishnu and Ekambaranatha Temple which is one of the five forms of abodes of Lord Siva, (it is the earth abode here, other abodes include Chidambaram (Sky), Sri Kalahasti (air), Thiruvanaikaval (water) and Tiruvannamalai (fire)), Kamakshi Amman Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kumara Kottam, Kachapeshwarar Temple, Kailasanathar Temple and many more.
Kanchipuram is also called as "City of 1000 Temples". Kanchipuram is also famous for its silk sarees, which are hand woven.
Kanchipuram is a major temple city of Tamil Nadu. Vishwakarma Brahmin Sthapathis have shown their excellent architecture cognizance in planning the architecture and sculpting the numerous temples at Kanchipuram. The list gives the consolidated list of temples in and around Kanchipuram revered by the hymns of Alvars as well as Saiva Kuravars or Nayanmars.Base is the Kanchipuram, you can visit the these places from Kanchipuram by Kallada Travels
Kanchipuram Kallada Travels is known as one of India's Seven Sacred cities. Kanchipuram was, one of India's seven sacred cities. Kanchipuram was the historical capital of the Pallavas. It was under the Pallavas from 6th to 8th century A.D and later became the citadel of Cholas, Vijayanagar Kings, the Muslim and the British. It has been a centre of Tamil learning, cultural and religious background for centuries.
Kanchipuram Kallada Travels, the Golden City of a thousand temples, is the capital of the Pallavas, the Cholas and the Rayas of Vijayanagar. During the 6th and 7th centuries, some of the best temples in the city were built by the Pallavas. The city was also a great seat of learning. Sri Sankaracharya, Appar, Siruthonder and the great Budddhist Bhikku lived, and worked here. Today, it is known not only for its temples, but also for its handwoven silk fabrics.
Kanchipuram Kallada Travels, is one of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage sites in India and the seat of the Shankaracharya. The temple city of Kanchipuram extends from latitude 12° 50' in the north to longitude 79° 45' in the east. The city is situated around 70 km from Chennai in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
Kanchipuram is 75-km away from Chennai and is well connected by a network of roads. There are frequent buses from the city to Chennai, Bangalore and other places. For local transportation bicycles can be hired from the shops near the bus stand. Cycle Rickshaws and auto rickshaws are also available on hire to move in and around the city. These can make the place to visit the Kanchipuram Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Kanchipuram By Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
, Navi Mumbai-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: