Book online bus tickets to Kannur By Kallada Travels.
Kannur Kallada Travels also known as Cannanore, is a city and a municipality in Kannur district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the administrative headquarters of the district of Kannur. It is known as Land of Looms and Lores. During British rule in India, Kannur was known by its Portuguese name of Cannanore which is still in fairly common usage. This is the largest city of North Malabar. Kannur Municipality was established in 1867 and is one of the oldest municipalities in Kerala.
According to the data compiled by Indicus Analytics, a research firm, Kannur is one of the ten best cities in India to live. The parameters set by this firm are in the field of health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment for preparing the data.
Kannur Kallada Travels is the fourth largest urban agglomeration in Kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode, and has a population of 4,98,207. Kannur is known as the land of looms and lores, because of the loom industries functioning in the district and festivals held in temples. Kannur is famous for its pristine beaches; Theyyam, its native performing art; and its handloom industry.
Kannur Kallada Travels is of great strategic military importance. It houses one of the 62 military cantonments in the country, the Kannur Cantonment, and is the current seat of the Defence Security Corps.
Places in Kannur by Kallada Travels.
Kannur City Centre on Fort Road
Shenoy Centre on Fort Road
1) Indian Naval Academy It is Asia's largest naval academy located at Ezhimala which is approximately 35 km north of Kannur.
2) St. Angelo Fort It was built in 1505 by the first Portuguese Viceroy of India, Dom Francisco de Almeida. In 1663, the Dutch captured it and then in 1772, they sold the fort to the Arakkal King. In 1790, the British Captured it and it was under British until 1947.
3) Payyambalam Beach is a famous Kannur beach with an unbroken coastline of a few kilometres. From the beach, one can see ships in transit along the Malabar coast, from beyond Calicut (Kozhikode) moving towards Mangalore, Goa and Bombay (Mumbai). The well laid out garden and the massive landscaped sculpture of Mother and Child erected by noted sculptor Kanayi Kunhiraman makes it extremely captivating.
4) Arakkal Museum, located in Ayikkara, is a museum dedicated to the Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in Kerala, south India. The museum is actually a section of the Arakkalkettu (Arakkal Palace). The durbar hall section of the palace has been converted into a museum by the Government of Kerala. It was opened in July 2005 after a massive renovation work and is managed by the Arakkal Family Trust.
5) The Cannanore Lighthouse near the Sea View Park is another place of interest. The first lighthouse at Kannur was built in 1843 by the British at St. Angelo's Fort. Over the years, the lighthouse was renovated and in 1948, it was moved to the current location. The lighthouse is still in use.
6) The Cannanore Cantonment is one of the 62 cantonments in the country and the only one in Kerala. It was established by the British in the 19th century and is still an important location for Indian armed forces
7) The Defence Security Corps (DSC) Centre and DSC Records is located in Kannur town, on the road to Payyambalam Beach. The area is a part of the Cannanore Cantonment and is well-maintained by the Cantonment Board. The DSC centre at Kannur is the mother depot to all platoons in the country.
8) Baby Beach, so-called because it is smaller than its larger neighbour, Payyambalam Beach. St. Angelo Fort is adjacent to it. The baby beach is part of the Cannanore Cantonment and access may be restricted at times.
9) Meenkunnu Beach at Azhikode, just a few kilometres from the town.
10) Mopla Bay in Ayikkara, near the St. Angelo fort, is a major fishing harbor overlooking the Arabian Sea.
11) The Azhikkal Ferry — near Azhikode, about 10 km from Kannur town, where the Valapattanam river joins the Arabian sea. The Azhikkal ferry gives a magnificent view of the sunset. There is a granite pathway here which stretches 2 km into the sea.
12) The Kannur City Center is a prominent shopping center on Fort Road.
13) The Sea View Park, near the Payyambalam beach is overlooked by the Government Guest House. The Park is at an elevation from the sea level and gives a magnificent view of the sunset.
14) Kannur Central Bus Terminal,its Kerala's biggest bus terminal, located at Thavakkara,its also India's first bus terminal to be developed on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis.
15) Vismaya amusement park,the Vismaya amusement park is at Parassinikadavu, 17 km from Kannur town. The amusement park is located in 30 acres of land and can handle 3,000-3,500 visitors at a time.
16) Peralassery Subrahmanya Swami Kshetram, 14 km from Kannur on Koothuparamba Road. It has been believed that Lord Rama stayed here when he was going in search of Sita Devi.
17) Anjarakandy,Asias largest Cinanamon estate is here 18 km from Kannur which was established by East India company in 1797 as a cinnamon plantation. A historical war between Pazhassi raja and British army was fought out from here in the year 1803, Kannur Medical college is also located here .
18) Muzhappilangad beach - The biggest drive-in beach in Asia.
19) Parassinikadavu Sree Muthappan, - A beautiful kshetram (Temple) river side, Thousands of people visit there.
Thus the above places can be visited Kallada Travels.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kannur
Kallada Travels takes you to the Ernakulam, the commercial capital of Kerala, fine communication facilities, excellent accommodation, modern amenities and a lot of attractive tourist places gives a breathtaking experience for its visitors and settlers. The district took its form on 1st April 1958, by carving out the areas of erstwhile Travancore, Kochi & Malabar kingdoms. The word Ernakulam was derived from a Tamil word 'Erayanarkulam' which means 'Lord Shiva's abode'.
Ernakulam is a commercial capital of Kerala and the most cosmopolitan of Kerala’s cities, Cochin is a fascinating blend of cultures. From time immemorial, it has been the favorite destination of globe-trotters and explorers. Blessed by one of the finest natural harbors in the world, Cochin has been eulogised as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. As the travels like Kallada Travels have made easy to travel to Ernakulam.
In and around Cochin are several cities of monumental value, but step into Fort Cochin, and you are in a totally different world. The Chinese fishing nets, the Jewish Synagogue, the Dutch palace, the Portuguese and British Architecture, all finely blend with the rich heritage of the land, intricately woven folklore and fact. With an international airport, an international sea port and a busy network of road and rail transport, the city is well connected to the rest of the world. You can either board a bus or hire a three-wheeled auto rickshaw. If you prefer the ferry, the trip begins either from the Main Boat Jetty or the Terminus Jetty near Willington Island. These palces can be seen by visiting the place like Ernakulam by Kallada Travels
Kochi, the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala, has one of the finest natural harbours in the world. Ancient mariners from Arabia, China, Holland, Britain and Portugal have all left their mark on this beautiful island city which is in the Ernakulam can be visited through Kallada Travels
One of the finest natural harbours on the Arabian Sea coast, Kochi, earlier known as Cochin has been a port of call for foreign traders from early times. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in the buildings and structures representing different regions of the world. A city of peninsulas and islands, today it is Kerala's(Ernakulam) commercial hub by Kallada Travels
Kerala's prime tourist destination, it spreads across islands and promontories in a stunning location between the Arabian Sea and Backwaters. Its main sections modern Ernakulam in the east and the old districts of Mattancherry and Fort Cochin on a peninsula in the west are linked by a complex system of ferries.
Ernakulam (Cochin) is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea with Kumarakom and Allapuzha districts on the South, Idukki on the East and Thrissur on the North. The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi, in ernakulam, is also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea.With one of the finest natural barbours in the world, Ernakulam was once a manor centre of commerce and trace with the british, arabs, chinese, portuguese, dutch etc.this can be viewed by facilities provided by travels like Kallada Travels
Cochin - Ernakulam (kochi) ..A city tucked in the beauty of coconut palms and endless blue waters is one of the important towns in South India, with a natural harbour. It is the commercial hub of Kerala. Kochi is a dynamic city with soaring land prices and rapidly industrialising suburbs. A trading port since Roman times, it lies on the main trade route between Europe and China. The travel called Kallada Travels to make the thing easier, these travel will provide the best to travel to the Ernakulam.
The town has three main parts- Fort Cochin, Willington Island and Ernakulam Kallada Travels . Fort Cochin (Fort Kochi) occupies the South promontory on the sea ward side of the Bay. In 1920, Willington Island was created by dredging the bay to increase the depth of the entrance to the harbour. Across the causeway from Willington Island is Ernakulam. The Bolghatty Island, a long narrow peninsula, is situated at the opposite side of Ernakulam jetty. The Vypeen island is another peninsula situated beyond the Bolghatty island.
Book online bus tickets to Ernakulam by Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Ernakulam
, Ernakulam-Gooty Byepass
, Ernakulam-Palakkad Byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Ernakulam
, Gooty Byepass-Ernakulam
, Palakkad Byepass-Ernakulam
About Kallada Travels: