Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Sulthan Bathery
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kollam
, Sulthan Bathery-Kollam
Kallada Travels takes to the Coimbatore, the total land area of Coimbatore is 23.5 square kilometers. The population of this city is 1,446,034 during the year 2001. The altitude is 411 meters above mean sea level. The clothing here is tropical and the season to visit the city is all through the year. The people of various states line here and they speak Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English and Marathi. The STD code for Coimbatore is 0422. This is one of the top most industrial cities of Tamilnadu. The city is situated on the banks of the River Noyyal. There are proper facilities of transportation through air (peelamedu airport), through bus and through rail (Coimbatore Junction and Podanur Junction).
Charming Coimbatore, also known as Korai had its first origins, the Irular tribes of Kovan who settled in Kongunadu during the early times. Then this place was conquered by the Cholas. There were other kings of various dynasties who ruled this part and finally the British reigns ruled this place and name it Coimbatore. Now there are over 5000 small, medium and large textile mills. The black soil, good rains and water resources had made this place a major agricultural centre. Cotton is grown is bulk and this made Coimbatore a textile city. Today Coimbatore is known to be the Manchester of South India. This is also the Textile capital of South India. The other major industries are machinery, automobile spares, motors, electronics, and steel and aluminum foundries.
Coimbatore Kallada Travels is known for its various industries, engineering goods, textile mills, educational institutions, health care facilities, pleasant weather, friendly culture and hospitality. There is a significant minority of people of North and West Indian origin in Coimbatore which gives it a cosmopolitan outlook. The Tamil spoken here is called Kongu Tamil. Other languages spoken include English, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada. Very friendly & courteous people in South India. Except for early summer it otherwise has a very pleasant climate throughout the year, similar to a resort town. It's one of the upcoming Information Technology Hub with new initiatives from the State Govt. Coimbatore is an orthodox city. It has developed in terms of wealth, however the general populace is still down to earth. People here don't have a flashy lifestyle, they are generally very content. Most of all the Coimbatoreans are known for the respect displayed in language towards everyone.
The State Transport Corporation and a lot of private buses like Kallada Travels to coimbatore that can operate from Coimbatore to major cities in Tamil Nadu and neighboring Kerala and Karnataka states.
There are no shopping malls at present in Coimbatore although atleast two are under construction.Shopping in Coimbatore is concentrated in the areas of RS Puram, Cross-Cut Road and the Town Hall Area(Oppanakara St, Big Bazaar St, Raja St).Coimbatore,known as the Manchester of South India,is famous for textiles.Visitors to Coimbatore must not miss the dazzling array of shops selling Kanchivaram, Benares and designer sarees at Cross-Cut Road. Coimbatore is also known for its numerous jewelry stores situated along Cross-Cut Road and Town Hall Area.Leading global brands like Lee,Arrow,United Colors of Benetton, Levi’s Reebok, Adidas, Puma, Crocodile etc.,have retail outlets in D.B.Road.There are several huge textile showrooms in the city (Chennai Silks, Ganapathy Silks,Shree Devi Textiles,Kalyan Silks ) that sell ethnic wear, catering to the needs of the entire family.Sri Krishna Sweets, that specializes in Indian sweets,is famous for its Mysurpa(a sweet made from lentil flour and ghee).
Coimbatore provide the service like ATMs have of most major banks sprung up in most parts of the city with the major number concentrated in the commercial areas like R.S.Puram,Trichy Road and Avanashi Road. You can visit the coimbatore through Kallada Travels
Nilgiris is South India’s leading chain of retail stores providing consumers a shopping experience that hinges around freshness of produce, superior quality and better value. They have an outlet in R.S. Puram and another at Trichy Road. They stock most of the up-market food items like frozen and tinned foods, offering a wide range of grocery, general merchandise and personal care products. They also stock gourmet cheeses like Gouda, Colby, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Havarti, Feta, Haloumi and Camembert made by Acres Wild Cheesemaking Farm which is located in Coonoor, totally Coimbatore contains all these facilities and this can be utilised by Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Coimbatore by Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Coimbatore
, Coimbatore-Gooty Byepass
, Coimbatore-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Coimbatore-Davanagere Byepass
, Coimbatore-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Coimbatore
, Gooty Byepass-Coimbatore
, Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)-Coimbatore
, Davanagere Byepass-Coimbatore
, Navi Mumbai-Coimbatore
About Kallada Travels: