Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
Kallada Travels takes you to the Ernakulam, the commercial capital of Kerala, fine communication facilities, excellent accommodation, modern amenities and a lot of attractive tourist places gives a breathtaking experience for its visitors and settlers. The district took its form on 1st April 1958, by carving out the areas of erstwhile Travancore, Kochi & Malabar kingdoms. The word Ernakulam was derived from a Tamil word 'Erayanarkulam' which means 'Lord Shiva's abode'.
Ernakulam is a commercial capital of Kerala and the most cosmopolitan of Kerala’s cities, Cochin is a fascinating blend of cultures. From time immemorial, it has been the favorite destination of globe-trotters and explorers. Blessed by one of the finest natural harbors in the world, Cochin has been eulogised as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. As the travels like Kallada Travels have made easy to travel to Ernakulam.
In and around Cochin are several cities of monumental value, but step into Fort Cochin, and you are in a totally different world. The Chinese fishing nets, the Jewish Synagogue, the Dutch palace, the Portuguese and British Architecture, all finely blend with the rich heritage of the land, intricately woven folklore and fact. With an international airport, an international sea port and a busy network of road and rail transport, the city is well connected to the rest of the world. You can either board a bus or hire a three-wheeled auto rickshaw. If you prefer the ferry, the trip begins either from the Main Boat Jetty or the Terminus Jetty near Willington Island. These palces can be seen by visiting the place like Ernakulam by Kallada Travels
Kochi, the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala, has one of the finest natural harbours in the world. Ancient mariners from Arabia, China, Holland, Britain and Portugal have all left their mark on this beautiful island city which is in the Ernakulam can be visited through Kallada Travels
One of the finest natural harbours on the Arabian Sea coast, Kochi, earlier known as Cochin has been a port of call for foreign traders from early times. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in the buildings and structures representing different regions of the world. A city of peninsulas and islands, today it is Kerala's(Ernakulam) commercial hub by Kallada Travels
Kerala's prime tourist destination, it spreads across islands and promontories in a stunning location between the Arabian Sea and Backwaters. Its main sections modern Ernakulam in the east and the old districts of Mattancherry and Fort Cochin on a peninsula in the west are linked by a complex system of ferries.
Ernakulam (Cochin) is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea with Kumarakom and Allapuzha districts on the South, Idukki on the East and Thrissur on the North. The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi, in ernakulam, is also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea.With one of the finest natural barbours in the world, Ernakulam was once a manor centre of commerce and trace with the british, arabs, chinese, portuguese, dutch etc.this can be viewed by facilities provided by travels like Kallada Travels
Cochin - Ernakulam (kochi) ..A city tucked in the beauty of coconut palms and endless blue waters is one of the important towns in South India, with a natural harbour. It is the commercial hub of Kerala. Kochi is a dynamic city with soaring land prices and rapidly industrialising suburbs. A trading port since Roman times, it lies on the main trade route between Europe and China. The travel called Kallada Travels to make the thing easier, these travel will provide the best to travel to the Ernakulam.
The town has three main parts- Fort Cochin, Willington Island and Ernakulam Kallada Travels . Fort Cochin (Fort Kochi) occupies the South promontory on the sea ward side of the Bay. In 1920, Willington Island was created by dredging the bay to increase the depth of the entrance to the harbour. Across the causeway from Willington Island is Ernakulam. The Bolghatty Island, a long narrow peninsula, is situated at the opposite side of Ernakulam jetty. The Vypeen island is another peninsula situated beyond the Bolghatty island.
Book online bus tickets to Ernakulam by Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Ernakulam
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Ernakulam
About Kallada Travels: