Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Book online bus tickets to Hosur By Kallada Travels
Kallada Travels takes you to the Hosur language is a Town and a municipality in Krishnagiri district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a taluk of Krishnagiri district. It is located about 40 kilometres south-east of Bangalore and 38 kilometres from Krishnagiri. Hosur is known for its expanding manufacturing industries and its pleasant climate.
The first Governor General of Independent India, Rajaji was born on 8 December 1878 in Thorapalli Village near Hosur (about 6 km from Hosur) in Salem District (now Krishnagiri District) of Tamil Nadu.
Hosur Kallada Travels is famous for its hill temple whose presiding deity is Arul Migu Maragadhambal Samedha (along with) Sree Chandrachoodeshwarar (a name for Lord Shiva). There is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara, known as Dakshina Tirupati, on a small hillock by the side of the highway, about 2 km from Hosur, towards Krishnagiri. Agaram Bala Murugan Temple on Rayakottah road (15 K.M), Pathakotta Venkataramana swamy temple on a hillock with a river and valley view on Krishnagiri road, about 12 km from hosur. Bandari Anjaneya temple at Hosur, Kottai Mariamman temple at Ram nagar, Venugopalasamy temple at Rayakottah road.
Around 80 kilometres from Hosur, is the Hogenakal Falls across the river Cauvery. Wild animals particularly elephants, can be spotted. 52 km from Hosur is Krishnagiri, the Mango capital of India and home to a large Fortress of Tipu Sultan. The Krishnagiri dam is a significant hydroelectric power source and is a tourist attraction as well.
Hosur Kallada Travels has an excellent Golf course " Clover Greens " near Exide factory, on way to Sarjapur in an extent of 100 acres adjacent to Infosys New campus.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Hosur which makes the happy journey.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Hosur
, Hosur-Gooty Byepass
, Hosur-Chickballapur byepass
, Hosur-Bathal Gundu
, Hosur-Gudalur (TN)
, Hosur-Palakkad Byepass
, Hosur-Kodai Road
, Hosur-K.G Chavadi
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Hosur
, Gooty Byepass-Hosur
, Chickballapur byepass-Hosur
, Bathal Gundu-Hosur
, Gudalur (TN)-Hosur
, Palakkad Byepass-Hosur
, Kodai Road-Hosur
, K.G Chavadi-Hosur
About Kallada Travels: