Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Sulthan Bathery
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kollam
, Sulthan Bathery-Kollam
Book online bus tickets to Kolhapur By Kallada Travels
Kolhapur Kallada Travels . About this sound pronunciation is a city situated in the south-west corner of Maharashtra, India. The population of Kolhapur city was 493,167, as per the 2001 census. Kolhapaur also serves as the headquarters of the Kolhapur District. As is the case in most of the Maharashtra cities, the main language spoken here is Marathi. Kolhapur is situated on the banks of river Panchganga and is the location of the Temple of Mahalakshmi, a Hindu Goddess.
Places to visit of interest
The Hindu Goddess Mahalakshmi Temples, Mahalakshmi Temple, Jyotiba temple, Nrusinhawadi (Narsobawadi), Khidrapur (Kopeshwar (shiva) Temple), Tembalai alias Tryamboli, Katyani
Kolhapur Kallada Travels is an ancient city, famous for its food, headwear, footwear, jewellery, wrestling and religious connections[citation needed. According to legend it was settled by Kolhasur, a demon who was later killed by Mahalakshmi to relieve the local populace. However, honouring the demon's dying wish, the city was named after him. Kolhapur finds mentions in Devi Gita, the final and most important chapter of the Srimad Devi Bhagawatam, as one the important places of Shakti worship, "Devi spoke..."O King of Mountains! Still I am now telling something out of My affection to My Bhaktas. Hear. There is a great place of pilgrimage named Kolhapura in the southern country. Here the Devi Laksmi always dwells...." .
During 940-1212 CE, it was the capital of the Shilahara dynasty of Kolhapur. An inscription at Teradal mentions that king Gonka was healed from snakebite by a Jain monk and Gonk had built a temple of Lord Neminath. Many Jain temples in that region build in the next couple of century are called Gonka-Jinalya after him. During the reign of Bhoja I, a dynamic Acharya Maghanandi helped establish an institute at Rupanarayana-Basadi. Several of the kings and nobles of the dynasty were disciples of Maghanandi. Maghanandi is often called Siddhanta-chakravarti ie the great master of the scriptures, Gandaraditya I was his disciple. He is sometimes called "Kolapuriya" to distinguish him from many other Acharyas with the name Maghanandi.
Khidrapur The Kopeshwar (shiva) Temple - located in Kolhapur district, it is known for one of most outstanding and beautiful examples of Temple Architecture in India, It was built by Shilahara King Gandaraditya, Vijayaditya and Bhoj-II between 1109 and 1178 A.D
The places to visit the Historical places is Bhavani Mandap, Shree Chhatrapati Shahu Museum, Kolhapur, Shalini Palace ,Kolhapur, Chandrakant Mandare museum, New Palace, Kolhapur, Town Hall museum, Motibag Talim, Shivaji University , Siddhgiri Museum, The Wax Meuseum.
The dams can also be visited in kolhapur through Kallada Travels is Radhanagri (Capacity 3.5 TMC), Kaalammavadi (Capacity 28 TMC)
You can also visit the kolhapur through Kallada Travels which the makes the journey more comfortable and pleasant.
Take a visit to the Kolhapur to view the places which the tour more enjoyable.
About Kallada Travels: