Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Sulthan Bathery
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kollam
, Sulthan Bathery-Kollam
Kallada Travels takes you to the Pune also known as 'Punawadi' or Punya-Nagari, is the eighth largest city and eighth largest metropolis in India, and the second largest in the state of Maharashtra, after Mumbai. Once the center of power of the Maratha Empire, situated 560 metres above sea level on the Deccan plateau at the confluence of the Mula and Mutha rivers, Pune is the administrative capital of Pune district.
Pune Kallada Travels is known to have existed as a town since 937 AD.Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the founder of the Maratha Empire, lived in Pune as a young boy, and later oversaw significant growth and development of the town during his reign. In 1730, Pune became an important political centre as the seat of the Peshwa, the prime minister of the Chhatrapati of Satara. After the town was annexed to British India in 1817, it served as a cantonment town and as the "monsoon capital" of the Bombay Presidency until the independence of India.
Today, Pune is known for its educational facilities, with more than a hundred educational institutions and nine universities.Pune is primararily a Hindu city and one can see temples all over the city,the people of Pune are religious and proud of their religion and their launguage Marathi.Pune has well-established manufacturing, glass, sugar and forging industries since the 1950-60s. It has a growing industrial hinterland, with many information technology and automotive companies setting up factories in Pune district. The city is known for various cultural activities like classical music, spirituality, theater, sports, and literature. These activities and job opportunities attract migrants and students from all over India and abroad, which makes for a city of many communities and cultures.
Beaches near Pune Kallada Travels
Places to be visit in Pune is Diveagar is among few beaches of konkan. It is approximately 180 kms away from Pune. It takes around 5 hours to reach there. This is a very beautiful beach. It is a small village surrounded by greenery. It is better to go for two days (one night stay). Good veg and non veg food is available. Don't forget to have veg food of Mr Bapat.His speciality is Modak (a veg sweet item)(yummy tasty). You can visit pune by journey with Kallada Travels
Situated in the outskirts of Pune, ahead of Ambrosia and around 5 kms from Pashan is this beautiful bird sanctuary. It is a private collection of birds of Dr. Suhas Jog. The birds here have been collected by Dr. Jog over a period of 30 years from different parts of the world.
This aviary cum birds research centre houses the most unique and beautiful species of birds. One cannot but feel overwhelmed by the beauty of these birds. Photography is not allowed inside the park and nothing can replace the joy of seeing the birds in person. These one of the places to be seen and can viewed in Pune via Kallada Travels
Apart from these, you can also viewed some of the places in Pune like-
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum in Pune
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is housed in a quaint Rajasthani-style building. It holds a one-man collection of the most fascinating Indian artifacts. Thirty-six sections of this museum are used to display a plethora of antiques, carved palace doors, pottery, a priceless collection of lamps and musical instruments of the Mughal and Maratha periods. A masterpiece is the 'Mastani Mahal' brought and erected as it was from its original place!
Bal Gandharv Mandir in Pune
The home of Marathi Theatre, both commercial and experimental. Throughout the year there are different cultural happenings like exhibitions, theatre, orchestra - instrumental and vocal,...
Tilak Smarak Mandir in Pune
Tilak Smarak Mandir on Tilak Road is a building commemorating the great freedom fighter and social reformer Lokmanya Tilak. On the ground floor is a small museum describing
Tilak's public life and a theatre on the upper floors.
The above all these places in Pune can be viewed Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Pune By Kallada Travels
About Kallada Travels: