Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Kallada Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Kallada Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Kallada Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
, Kollam-Sulthan Bathery
, Kollam-Kotralam Bypass
Kallada Travels takes to the city called Salem, the name 'Salem' appears to have been derived from Sela or Shalya by which the term refers to the country around the hills, as in the inscriptions. Local tradition claims Salem as the birth place of Tamil poetess Avvaiyar. Salem is also well known for MANGOES.
Salem Kallada Travels is the one of the town of Tamil Nadu located in the Western part of the southern most state of India. Almost completely surrounded by hills, Salem is one of the major textile centres in the World. Salem city had population of about 693,236 according to the census of 2001. Also a survey of 2006 says that the current estimated population is about 8.4 lakhs. Also Salem city is said to be the fifth largest city in Tamil Nadu in landscape.
Salem Kallada Travels is also called as Steel City, Agro City, Limestone City, Electric City, and Mango City. Which itself gives a definition for the name ‘SALEM’.
The reason for the names is,
Steel city - The Salem is the Existence of Steel plant in the City.
Agro City- Salem is gifted with large area of Agricultural lands in and around the city and Salem District.
Limestone City- Salem Kallada Travels is also gifted with natural resource like Limestone, Magnesium carbonate and iron ore in the foothills of yercaud. Thus the availability of limestone gives this name to the city. Electric City- The power grid in Mettur Dam situated near the city. This is a very important source of power for northern parts of TamilNadu and even to Bangalore city in Karnataka. Mango City- This is the name this city is called right from the earlier days. Salem is larger and biggest market in south India for Mangoes.
Salem Kallada Travels. About this sound pronunciation is a city and a corporation in Salem district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, located in the north central part of the southernmost state of India. It is the 5th largest Municipal Corporation and Urban agglomeration in Tamil Nadu next to Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Trichy.
Salem Kallada Travels is a part of the Kongu Nadu, an ancient division of Tamilakam comprising the western Tamil Nadu. Almost completely surrounded by hills, Salem is at the base of the renowned tourist destination of Yercaud hills, which offers breathtaking views both along the ride up the hill and from the peak. There are also remote sites of beauty such as Kiliyur Falls and Kavery peak. Yercaud is at an altitude of 1600 m above mean sea level.
Salem Kallada Travels city is surrounded by a natural amphitheater of hills formed by the Nagaramalai to the north, the Jarugumalai to the south, the Kanjamalai to the west, and Godumalai to the east. It is divided by the river Thirumanimuthar in the main division. The fort area is the oldest part of the town.
Salem is a transit point for travel between Chennai, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Coimbatore, Madurai, Ernakulam/Cochin, Pondicherry, Trichy, Tirunelveli(nellai) and other places. As this makes possible for through Kallada Travels
Salem has 2 major Bus Stations as mentioned below
* MGR Integrated Bus Terminus also called as Central Bus Terminus (New Bus Stand)- Mofussil Routes
* Town Bus Station (Old Bus Stand)- Local Routes which is located in the congested part of the town. This is also known as Anna Bus stand in which the above stations can be done through Kallada Travels
Book online bus tickets to Salem by Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Salem
, Salem-Gooty Byepass
, Salem-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Salem-Bathal Gundu
, Salem-Gudalur (TN)
, Salem-Palakkad Byepass
, Salem-Kodai Road
, Salem-Chickballapur byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Salem
, Gooty Byepass-Salem
, Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)-Salem
, Bathal Gundu-Salem
, Gudalur (TN)-Salem
, Palakkad Byepass-Salem
, Kodai Road-Salem
, Chickballapur byepass-Salem
About Kallada Travels: