You can make possible with Kallada Travels to visit Mysore is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of the Mysore district and the Mysore division and lies in southwest of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. The name Mysore is an anglicised version of Mahishuru, which means the abode of Mahisha. Mahisha stands for Mahishasura, a demon from Hindu mythology. The city is spread and is situated at the base of the Chamundi Hills.Mysore is famous for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists. Mysore also lends its name to the Mysore mallige, Mysore style of painting, the sweet dish Mysore Pak, Mysore Peta (traditional silk turban) and the garment called the Mysore silk saree. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mysore was rated the second cleanest city in India in 2010 and the most cleanest in Karnataka.
You can visit Mysore through Kallada Travels and is a tourism hot spot within the state of Karnataka and also acts as a base for other tourist places in the vicinity of the city. The city receives the maximum number of tourists during the period of the Dasara festival when festivities take place for a period of 10 days. One of the most visited monuments in India, the Ambavilas Palace (also known as Mysore Palace) is the center of the Dasara festivities.Austin Railcar inside the Railway Museum, Mysore Fountains at Brindavan Gardens at night
The Jaganmohana Palace, the Jayalakshmi Vilas and the Lalitha Mahal are some of the other palaces in the city. Chamundeshwari Temple, atop the Chamundi Hills and St. Philomena's Church are popular religious places in Mysore. This can be possible by making a route with Kallada Travels .The Mysore Zoo, established in 1892, and the Karanji and Kukkarahalli lakes are also popular spots for tourists. Museums in Mysore include the Regional Museum of Natural History, the Folk Lore Museum, the Railway Museum and the Oriental Research Institute. The city is also a centre for yoga-related health tourism that attracts lot of foreign visitors as well. These places can be visited by Kallada Travels make the journey more comfortable.
A short distance from Mysore city is the Krishnarajasagar Dam and the adjoining Brindavan Gardens where a musical fountain show is held in the evening. Places of historic importance lying close to Mysore are Srirangapatna, Somanathapura and Talakad. The hills, B R Hills and Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta and the hill stations of Ooty and Madikeri are all near Mysore. Popular destinations for wildlife enthusiasts near Mysore include the National Parks at Bandipur and Nagarhole, the wildlife sanctuaries at Melkote and B R Hills and the bird sanctuaries at Ranganathittu and Kokrebellur. Other tourist spots near Mysore include the religious locations of Nanjanagud and Bylakuppe and the waterfalls at Shivanasamudra. This historic places can be viewed by Kallada Travels
Buses Kallada Travels run every 5 minutes from Bangalore. There is a choice of airconditioned and ordinary vehicles. During the weekends, these buses can fill up, but most do not allow you to purchase your tickets in advance. However, buses to Mysore board constantly so finding a bus with seats is never a problem. The Kallada Travels buses are very comfortable, especially the Volvo (Luxury) buses.
Frequent bus service Kallada Travels is available to all major tourist of the city. Volvo airconditioned buses are also available ten, Infosys, and to some major residential areas.
Kallada Travels provides the facility to travel from bangalore to mysore in which mysore place contains the following.
1) Mysore Palace- Intricately carved rosewood doors and ceilings some with inlaid ivory work, marble figurines, collections of caskets, paintings of the members of the royal family and other objects of personal use exhibit such opulence, though age as worn them out a bit with slight discolouration
2) Brindavan Gardens and Musical Fountain at the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam. Nice garden full of fountains, in the neighbourhood of Mysore. At 7PM the "musical fountain" light and music show begins.
3) Chamundi Hills, inquire for various service timings at temple. has a temple of Goddess Chamundeshwari (or Chamundi). The huge Nandi statue on the mountain is also well known. The Hills are 3300 Feet above sea level and are known for their wild life like leopards, but trekking is safe, and facilities to climb to the top are available. Atop the hill, Goddess Chamundi's idol is placed in a beautiful temple with marvelous architecture. It is a plastic free zone. Rs. 20 for regular queue (typically longer) . Rs 100 for shorter queue.
4) Jagmohan Palace and Art Gallery. A former palace that has been converted into a wonderful art gallery featuring famous works by various Indian artists.
5) Lalit Mahal Palace also a former palace but now a five star hotel, visitors should go around afternoon tea time as they serve a great British high tea.
6) St. Philomenas Church. A beautiful Cathedral, reminiscent of medieval architectural style,is one of the largest churches in the country. Built in the gothic style,the Church is an imposing structure with stained glass windows and lofty towers.
7) Mysore Zoo is one of the city’s most popular attractions. It was established under royal patronage in 1892, making it one of the oldest zoos in the world, and since then millions of people have enjoyed its wonderful animals and spectacular grounds. The zoo has a very successful breeding program and houses animals from more than 40 different countries and there are many native Indian animals as well, including Royal Bengal tigers, white tigers, elephants, giraffe, fallow deer, Himalayan black bear, Gaur (Indian bison), white peafowl and African rhino. The zoo is also home to many other exotic creatures from around the world like Branary sheep, giraffe, hippos and gorillas. The zoo also encompasses Karanji Lake, which attracts several species of migratory birds during the breeding season including painted storks, pelicans and darters. Other attractions include the botanical Garden with 35 species of exotic ornamental plants and 85 species of trees from India and abroad. Rs.30 for adults, Rs. 10 for children over 5.
8) Karanji Kere. is a small lake inside the city.You can go for a small trip of boating.The lake is sorrounded by green trees and you can also see various variety of birds like pelicans and painted storks on the island in Karanji kere. In local language Kere means Lake and thus a Lake by the name of Karanji is called as Karanji Kere.
Book online bus tickets to Mysore by Kallada Travels.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Mysore
, Mysore-Gooty Byepass
, Mysore-Sulthan Bathery
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Mysore
, Sulthan Bathery-Mysore
, Gooty Byepass-Mysore
Kallada Travels takes you to the Belgaum is a city and a municipal corporation in Belgaum district in the state of Karnataka, India.It is the fourth largest city of the state of Karnataka, the first three being Bangalore, Mysore and Hubli-Dharwad.
It is situated nearly 2,500 ft (762 m) above sea-level and is the headquarters of Belgaum district, which borders the states of Maharashtra and Goa. Belgaum is also headquarters for Belgaum division. The division comprises the districts of Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bijapur, Dharwad - Hubli, Gadag, Haveri, and Uttara Kannada. Government of Karnataka proposed to make Belgaum as second capital of the State of Karnataka with the recently upcoming second state administrative building.
Belgaum is well known for its pleasant climate throughout the year, but the last few years, summers (April through June) have been warmer than usual. It is at its coldest in winter (November through February), and experiences continuous monsoon of medium intensity during July to September. The annual average rainfall is 200 cm". You can enjoy this by visiting the city called Belgaum, the service provided by Kallada Travels
Belgaum is located 502 km from Bangalore and 154 km from Goa. Nestled in the foothills of the Western Ghats, it enjoys a cool, salubrious climate and is surrounded by natural beauty in the form of rivers, hills and dense evergreen forests covered tourists places like Amboli, Sindhudurg district, jamboti etc. Inside the city, A wide variety of historical sites, temples and churches exist in and around the city, most notably the fort Kamala Basti, Kapileshwar temple (South Kashi), the hills of Vaijyanath, Ramtirth in Kanbargi, the aerodrome at Sambra and others. You can have touch with these places by visiting to Belgaum, the service provided by Kallada Travels
The town of Belgaum is the assimilation point of various cultures. Due to its proximity with the states of Maharashtra and Goa, Belgaum has acquired the cultural flavor of these states and blended it with the local Kannada culture to create a rich heritage, which is unique in its manifestation. Belgaum is not only famous for its history but also for its natural beauty. It is also known as Malendu or Rain Country and the vegetation here is lush green throughout the year. This beautiful city can be furnished by visiting the place in Belgaum by Kallada Travels
he old stone fort, built in 12th century ad by the local Ratta rulers, is an important spot, though not much of the original structure remains. This fort was renovated and built on by successive rulers who ruled Belgaum from time to time. Belgaum's Watchtower and Sunset Point should not be missed if one wants to savor the scenic beauty surrounding this town.
Belgaum is famous for its temples and the religious-minded traveler could find a number of temples here-the main ones being Kapileshwar temple, Shani temple and the Maruti Temple.
The town of Belgaum is also known for its well-maintained parks. The Nath Pai Park, Shivaji Udyan and Sambhaji Udyan are important parks.
Another important sightseeing place in Belgaum is the Cantonment area, built by the British during their rule in India. The Cantonment area, also known as the Camp, spreads to the south and western part of the town. Apart from military buildings, it houses a number of well-preserved, functional buildings like churches, bungalows, schools, etc., built on the traditional colonial style of architecture. The Cantonment area resembles a world of its own and the traveler is sent back in time, as he walks through tree-lined lanes. A walk along Elphistone Road, Club Road, Commissariat Road, Victoria Barracks, and Chapel Road, in the Cantonment is recommended. A number of religious monuments are located within the cantonment area-the Masjid-Sata mosque, which dates back to the 16th century ad, the Mahadeva temple with its beautiful gardens, the St. Mary's Church of England, St. Xavier's Church, Catholic Cathedral and St. Anthony's Church, all lie within the lush green environs of the Cantonment. Kallada Travels helps to you take to beautiful city called Belgaum.
Book online bus tickets to Belgaum By Kallada Travels
About Kallada Travels: