Book online bus tickets to Palani By Kallada Travels
Palani Kallada Travels is a city and a municipality in the Dindigul district of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Palani is pronounced using the special 'L' used in Tamil and is also spelt as "Pazhani" in English. It is located about 60 km from the city of Dindigul. It is a famous pilgrimage town and every year more than 7 million devotees visit the Palani Murugan Temple and offer their prayers to the Lord Muruga. This temple draws the largest number of devotees in Tamil Nadu.
In Palani Kallada Travels the below places can be visited
1) Murugan Temple - This is the prime attraction in Palani. One has top climb 670 steps to reach the temple. Alternatively ,there is a Haulage Winch (a small rope train) and a Rope Car to goto the temple on the top of the hill. From the hill top, one can have a beautiful view of entire Palani town and the agricultural places around it.
2) Tiru Avinankudi Temple is in the foot of the Palani Hills. This is oldest and largest temple. Usually before going to the main hill temple, devotees visit this temple.
3) Mariamman Kovil is one of the famous temples in the surrounding area. This temple is located about 1 km from the bus stand.
4) Periyanayaki amman kovil or Aanai Kovil is one of the oldest temples in Palani. This temple is carved out of stones. There won't be much crowd in this temple.
5) Kuthiraiyar Dam Falls - located near Pappampatti, Palani. It has a water falls at the back of the dam. Once you reach the dam, one can find the way to go to falls with the help of the local villagers. There is a small trekking route available to reach the Kumbai which is about 1 km from the falls.
6) Thekkanthottam - another small water falls near the Palani. Water from this place is taken into Palani through pipes and stored in Palani Hill Water Tank named as Water dam, which then distributed to Palani after filtration. To reach this water falls, you have to take bus from Palani and get down at Thekkan thottam, where there is a forest department check post. From the village you have to walk 3 to 4 km to reach the falls. The places on the are beautiful and pleasant. On the way you can find a small dam. after that the path becomes difficult. Actually there is no pathway after this point. you have to climb small rocks and find your own way. you can find many small water falls of about 6 to 7 feet height. The mountain on the two sites of the path looks really good and dense. There is no way of getting lost in the forest, as you can always find your way back by following the water ways.
7) In Palani, Varathamanathi Dam - A picnic spot where children can amuse themselves. It is on the way to Thekkanthottam and about 7 km from Palani. you can reach there by city buses and buses bound for Kodaikanal.
Palani Hills is part of the oldest mountain range that can be found in India. This mountain range dates back to the prehistoric Pre-Cambrian period and is made up of such rock types as gneisses, charnockites, and schists. Located in the southern portion of India, the Palani Hills portion of the mountain range is named well since it is a terrain that is more hilly than actually mountainous. It is found on the eastern portion of the Western Ghats. The green plant life of the town is utterly breathtaking and pristine.
Palani is one of the tourists place and can be viewed by Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Palani
Book online bus tickets to Krishnagiri By Kallada Travels
Krishnagiri Kallada Travels is a municipal city and the headquarters of Krishnagiri District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located 90km from Bangalore and 45km from Hosur. Mango is cultivated as the main crop and it is considered the birth place of mangoes. The land here is extremely fertile with rich access to fresh water and is amenable to growing crops. Krishnagiri is a rapidly growing town and is the site of significant business and residential development. The Krishnagiri Dam is currently undergoing expansion and a variety of small scale industry zones are being set up.
Thousands of visitors visit Krishnagiri Kallada Travels each year. Majority come from Hosur/Bangalore or Chennai. KRP (Krishnagiri Reservoir project) dam constructed in 1960's during the rule of the then Chief Minister Kamaraj located near the town, is a nice picnic spot. Nearby, Sayed Basha hills has a fort that was the fortress of the ruler, Tippu Sultan. Treks to the nearby hills/mountains as well as farm houses are located in the outskirts. The boat house is situated 8 km from the central bus stand. There are a variety of ancient temples in the vicinity of Krishnagiri. Nearby Ramapuram is the site of a 500 year old Rama Temple that draws many visitors each year.
Tourist Attractions in Krishnagiri by Kallada Travels
Make your Tour to Krishnagiri memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Krishnagiri –
1) Krishnagiri Dam
2) Located about 10 km from Krishnagiri, this dam is an excellent spot for picnic Built in between the years 1955-57, this dam sprawls over an area of 50 acres, with its either side being decked with beautiful flower gardens.
3) Government Museum
The museum houses exhibits from various subjects such as Archeology, Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Geography, etc, and is a means to spread the tradition, heritage, culture and art of the region.
Places around Krishnagiri
Explore the land of Krishnagiri, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Krishnagiri –
1) Arulmigu Maragathambigai Chandra Choodeswarar Temple
2) Located in Hosur on National Highway 7, this temple stands on a hillock. Beside the temple are a children's park and an observatory, setup by the tourism department.
Nestled amidst valleys and cliffs, this place situated 25 km from Hosur experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling England and is therefore referred to as Little England since the British days. Remnants of the 16th century Denkanikottai Fort here is a major attraction, which was destroyed during war between Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan.
3) Kelevarapalli Dam in Krishnagiri.
4)Dharmapuri in Krishnagiri.
5)This nearby district has several attractions, such as the famous Hogenakal waterfalls, fresh water Crocodiles, mouth-watering mangoes, and the best quality marble stone reserves in the world.
Fairs & Festivals in Krishnagiri.
1) Mango Festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is the venue for this famous festival, celebrated on the last 3 days of June. An event for the buyers and sellers to meet, various mangoes are kept on display at this festival.
2) Car festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is one of the tourists place and makes the journey enjoyable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Krishnagiri
, Krishnagiri-Gooty Byepass
, Krishnagiri-Chickballapur byepass
, Krishnagiri-Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)
, Krishnagiri-Bathal Gundu
, Krishnagiri-Gudalur (TN)
, Krishnagiri-Palakkad Byepass
, Krishnagiri-Kodai Road
, Krishnagiri-K.G Chavadi
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Krishnagiri
, Gooty Byepass-Krishnagiri
, Chickballapur byepass-Krishnagiri
, Chittoor(Andhra pradesh)-Krishnagiri
, Bathal Gundu-Krishnagiri
, Gudalur (TN)-Krishnagiri
, Palakkad Byepass-Krishnagiri
, Kodai Road-Krishnagiri
, K.G Chavadi-Krishnagiri
About Kallada Travels: