Kallada Travels takes to the Sriperumbudur is an industrial town in Kanchipuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located in proximity to Chennai. It is famous for being the birth place of Sri Ramanuja, one of the most prominent Hindu Vaishnava saints as well as the town where former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in 1991. Since 2000, Sriperumbudur has seen rapid industrialization, attracting huge investments due to its proximity to Chennai port, infrastructure growth, establishment of STPIs and SEZs and availability of quality manpower.
Sriperumbudur Kallada Travels is strategically placed on the Chennai-Bangalore highway, just about 40 kilometres from the city, and offers all facilities that the international industrial giants want for their business to operate in the country.
Old name of Sriperumbudur is Bhoodhapuri. It is believed that the doors of heaven will be open for those who die at Sriperumbudur.
Sriperumbudur Kallada Travels is the birthplace of Sri Ramanuja, the Hindu Saint and philosopher well known for His role in the Vaishnavism sect. Sri Ramanujar is one of the foremost propounders of Sri Vaishnavism. Sri Ramanujar's Vigraha ( Divine Idol made of 5 metals including Gold, Silver, Bronze,...) was installed in this temple when His Holiness was alive. This idol is called 'Thamugantha Thirumani' ( The Idol was given by Sri Ramanujacharya Himself when He lived in this material world ). There is a strong belief and fact ofcourse, that if we drink Thirumanjana (Abiseka) milk of Sri Ramanujacharya , all sickness will be cured. Its believed that it should be the prime duty of every SriVaishnava (the follower of Sri Ramanujacharya) or the human being who have taken birth in this material world should get the shamashrayana ( the symbols of Disc and chanku (Counch (Panchajanya )) will be imprinted on the shoulders by an Aacharya or divine perceptor) as per the philosophical values of Sri Ramanujacharya to overcome this worldly birth and death cycle!.
Vallakottai Murugan temple, 9 km from Sriperumbudur, is known for the tallest Lord Murugan statue in India (9 m).
On 21 May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi, the then former Prime Minister of India was assassinated by a human bomb in Sriperumbudur. The government has converted the area into the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial.Another attraction is the "Madras Motor Sports Club" which organizes world class racing events every year at Irungattukotai near Sriperumbudur. Among the events conducted by the club are the South India Rally and the Al India Motor Race Meet. Federation Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) and the Federation Internationale du Sport Automotive (FISA) have licensed to race up to formula III for cars and all classes of two-wheelers. The club also has a dirt track for auto cross events.
Book online bus tickets to Sriperumbudur By Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Sriperumbudur
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
, Chalakudy-Kanchipuram Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sriperumbudur Byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
, Navi Mumbai-Chalakudy
, Kanchipuram Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sriperumbudur Byepass-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: