Book online bus tickets to Trivandrum By Kallada Travels
The city of Trivandrum is probably one of the India's most ancient cities. Steeped in legends, myth and a royal past, the history of Trivandrum goes back to more than a thousand years before the birth of Christ. The city of Trivandrum is one of the cities in the country that still carries an unmistakable flavor of its regal and heritage drenched past. Also known as “Thiruvananthapuram”, the establishment of the city dates back to around the 1000 BC.
The city was then named after the dwelling place of the mythical serpent ‘Ananta‘– ‘Tiru Ananta Puram' – who serves as the Lord Vishnu's familiar. Literally translated it means, ‘the town of Lord Anantha'. A city constructed around seven hills; Trivandrum reached fame in sometime around the year 1750, when it became the famed capital city of the Raja of Travancore. However, even long before that, the city of Trivandrum was a popular trading post; mainly doing business in spices, ivory and sandalwood. Most of these business and trading transactions took place mostly with the traders from the Far East.
However, the city of Trivandrum began to reach for new heights with the ascension of the Marthanda Varma. He came into power in 1729 and founded the royal state that was named as “Trivancore” or “Thiruvithamkoor”. By the year 1745, Trivandrum had flourished and become a name and set as a benchmark in art, culture and intellectual capacity.Today Trivandrum stands as the capital of the state of Kerala. However, much of the city remained unchanged politically and socially until early in the 19 th century. What can be seen of Trivandrum today is the result of the joint efforts of Maharaja Swathi Thirunal and Maharaja Ayilyam Thirunal. Together they changed the face of Trivandrum and made as it stands today. Also, the freedom movement had its own impact; finally resulting in the city as it stands today.
Tourist Attractions in Trivandrum Kallada Travels
Trivandrum India, Trivandrum, India, India Trivandrum, Tourism in Trivandrum India There are a number of tourist attractions in Trivandrum, India. A must on every tourist itinerary for Trivandrum, the Padmanabhaswami temple with its gopuram (tower) soaring majestically upwards, is believed to be one of the 108 shrines sacred to the Vaishnavites in India.
Besides this magnificent temple, Trivandrum offers a great deal more. There is the Observatory to start with, established over a hundred years ago in Trivandrum in India. Several kings have also built their palaces in and around the Trivandrum, India, each more impressive than the other. Despite a few attempts at modernity, Trivandrum retains its discreet, old-world charm.
In Trivandrum one can visit the Museum with its profusion of gables and turrets. A repository of fine works of art, the chief attraction here is the 250-year-old temple car made for Lord Vishnu, artistically designed and ornamented. Besides this, objects carved out of wood, models of temple, antique jewelry, etc., make the museum worth a visit.
Lying within the museum compound of Trivandrum, Sri Chitra Art Gallery proves to be an ideal place for art lovers. The piece de resistance is the large section devoted to the paintings of Raja Ravi Varma, an Indian painter of distinction in the history of the country's modern art. Besides him, the Indian section also contains works of Rabindranath Tagore, Jamimi Roy, K. K. Hebar, miniatures from the Rajput and Mughal schools of painting and the famous Tanjore paintings encrusted with semi-precious stones. The gallery's collection also includes paintings from Indonesia, China, and Japan.
Then, of course, a trip to Trivandrum in India is incomplete without a boat-ride on its enchanting backwaters. These waterways of Trivandrum in India teem with life. One can be seduced by the panorama of beautiful landscapes, beaches and waterways, coconut palms and, of course, beautiful, friendly people of Trivandrum in India.
Two nearby places worth visiting while in Trivandrum, India are Veli and Shankhumuggam; the former has been converted into a superb tourist village while the latter boasts of lovely temples and a huge statue of a mermaid presently being worked upon by a famous sculptor.
An absolute must is Kovalam that lies barely 18 km away Trivandrum. The beach is considered one of the finest in the world and provides ingredients for an ideal holiday excursion from Trivandrum. Besides swimming, there are opportunities for surfing and water skiing-even an exhilarating catamaran ride into the sea.
Kallada Travels takes you to the Trivandrum and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Trivandrum
, Trivandrum-Gooty Byepass
, Trivandrum-Sulthan Bathery
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
, Navi Mumbai-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: