Book online bus tickets to Udupi By Kallada Travels
Udupi Kallada Travels is a city and the headquarters of the Udupi District in the Indian state of Karnataka. Udupi is notable for the Krishna Matt located here. It also lends its name to the Udupi cuisine.
The term Udupi Kallada Travels (also Udipi) is also synonymous with delicious vegetarian food now found all over world (see Udupi cuisine). The origin of this cuisine is linked to Krishna Matha (Mutt). Lord Krishna is offered food of different varieties every day, and there are certain restrictions on ingredients during Chaturmasa (a four-month period during the monsoon season). These restrictions coupled with the requirement of variety led to innovation, especially in dishes incorporating seasonal and locally available materials. This cuisine was developed by Shivalli Madhwa Brahmins who cooked food for Lord Krishna, and at Krishna Matha in Udupi, the food is provided free.
Places to be seen in Udupi is and also can be travelled by Kallada Travels
Sixty kilometers from Mangalore, is the temple town of Udupi, famous for its Krishna temple established in the 13th century by the great Sanskrit philosopher, Madhavacharya. The temple attracts pilgrims from all over India and is also a centre for the Dvaita philosophy. Udipi is also the district headquarters and is the third-most important city of Karnataka, after Bangalore and Mangalore. The economy is based on agriculture and fishing, as well as small scale industries such as food processing, dairy and cashew production. It is also developing into a hub for the software industry. Udipi is synonymous with the world-famous Udipi cuisine, which is served all over India in the efficiently-run Udipi restaurants, famous for dosas, idlis and other snacks. The tradition of this cuisine started in the great kitchens of the Krishna Temple which serve meals in the form of prasada to the thousands of devotees who come to pray at the holy shrine.
Sri Krishna Temple.
This is Udipi's most famous attraction and draws thousands of pilgrims, especially during the Paraya festival in January. The great composer Kanakadasa is believed to have
Make your Tour to Udupi memorable by visiting these famous tourist places in Udupi –
1) Krishna Mutt
Udupi is known for the Krishna Mutt (Temple of Lord Krishna), founded by the Vaishnavite saint Sri Madhvacharya in the 13th century. The daily offerings to God and administration of the Mutt are managed by the Ashta Mathas (8 temples).
This is an important fishing and trading harbor, located 6 km from Udupi. You can also visit the captivating St. Mary's Island here, about 6-8 km away, covered by hexagonal asphalt rocks.
3) Milagres Church
This ancient church, positioned 7 km from Udupi, stands witness to the assault of a marauding Tipu Sultan.
Places around Udupi
Explore the land of Udupi, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Udupi –
1) Maravanthe Beach
Arguably the best beach in Karnataka, it is situated about 42 km from Udupi.
Situated about 74 km from Udupi, this is the abode of Goddess Mookambika, nestled among the Western Ghats and attracting thousands of tourists.
3) Someshwara Wildlife Sanctuary
You can witness exotic species of animals, birds and medicinal plants here, located about 40 km from Udupi.
The above are the tourist place to visit Udupi by Kallada Travels.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Udupi
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Udupi
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Kallada Travels
Chalakudy Kallada Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Kallada Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Chalakudy
, Chalakudy-Gooty Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sulthan Bathery
, Chalakudy-Navi Mumbai
, Chalakudy-Kanchipuram Byepass
, Chalakudy-Sriperumbudur Byepass
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Chalakudy
, Gooty Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sulthan Bathery-Chalakudy
, Navi Mumbai-Chalakudy
, Kanchipuram Byepass-Chalakudy
, Sriperumbudur Byepass-Chalakudy
About Kallada Travels: